What if you could take fireflies in a jar to the next level? For those who want a fun project to work on with their children or a unique romantic surprise for their significant other, I recommend this project. These jars are very affordable to make and will surely leave you smiling. If you desire to use this idea for a romantic candle-lit setting I suggest you use RED glow in the dark paint. Another occasion you can use these jars for is Halloween. Building green Jack O' Lanterns with the family is a great way to decorate your porch or windows for the holiday. I will explain below instructions for these ideas and more.
- glow in the dark paint - http://coolglow.com/1/51/51/Glow-Paint/?gclid=CJW85KOKx60CFSwBQAodrBGIfw is a great source.
- paint brush
- any jar you desire: be creative!
- small candles
- Jars of Romance- for these jars I recommend using red and pink paint. When applying the paint with a brush to the OUTSIDE of the jar, I suggest applying small dots or heart shapes. You can even do both if you leave a bit of space between the dots and hearts, just so the hearts can be made out. Let the project dry, put a candle in the inside and be prepared for a kiss. ;) To top off the setting, rose pedals wouldn't hurt.
- The Universe In a Jar- for this simple design, try imitating the image above. This can be a fun project for parents with kids. The best colors of paint to use for this jar are blue and green. Apply the colors with a brush to the outside of the jars in speck or star shapes. Be plentiful and minute. Let the jars dry and soon your kids will be exploring them like the universe.
- Jack O' Lantern Jar- For this jar you can use green or orange paint depending the mood you are in. This is a great idea for Halloween night! First, get some Scotch or Duct tap and cut out the shape or design of the eyes, nose and mouth of your Jack O' Lantern with the tape. Stick the tape to the desired place on the jar and begin to coat the outside of your jar with the color you choose. I recommend two coats, if you can. Once the paint dries, remove your stickers, put a candle in the jar and bring your creation to life! Mwahahaha.